Recipe by @createcookshare
Whenever I crave something sweet I always bake a healthy treat that is wholesome and delicious. This Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter is just that!. Made with cacao, coconut sugar, almond flour and the goodness of @grove.avocado.oil which ensures my cake is not only moist but gives it a boost of good healthy fats. What else could you ask for from a cake! YUM! Enjoy the recipe knowing you’re taking care of your body whilst eating cake.
1. Preheat oven 170C fan-forced and line 18cm springform tin with baking paper.
2. Add to a bowl the cacao mixture and combine. Set aside.
3. Add to a separate bowl the coconut sugar, eggs, and Avocado Oil. Whisk with an electric mixer for 3-4 minutes.
4. Combine the cacao mixture into the bowl with the eggs and add the almond flour, self-raising flour, and peanut butter. Combine with a spoon or spatula.
5. Pour into the baking tin and bake for 50 min -1 hour or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Allow to cool for 15 minutes, then remove from tin and cool on wire rack. Spread peanut butter frosting over the top and optional to sprinkle with extra cacao.
7. Serve with a dollop of cream, ice cream, or fresh berries.
Sign up for our newsletter and get a free recipe book.